Join Ridge Zeller Therapy at the 2016 Autism Speaks Walk Arizona on 10/23/16 in Tempe, AZ!
When: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 8:00am-11:30am
Registration and Resource Fair: 8:00 am – 9:15 am
Welcome and Warm-up: 9:15 am – 9:30 am
Walk Starts: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
1 mile Family Fun Walk or a 5(K)3.2mile route: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Where: Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, AZ
80 W Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85281
The RZT team, along with 20,000 other autism advocates, will walk to raise awareness to help improve the future for all those living with autism spectrum disorder.
We encourage all of our Arizona community members to join us on Sunday, October 23rd at Tempe Beach Park!
For additional event details, or to give us a heads up that you and your family plan to walk with RZT at the Autism Speaks Walk Arizona, please contact Heather Holston, as soon as possible, by email: HeatherHolston@rztherapy.com, or call / text: 480-365-9981.
When you join the Ridge Zeller Therapy team for the Autism Speaks Walk you:
• Help us raise public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals, families and society.
• Bring hope to all who deal with this disorder.
• Advocate for the autism community as one strong voice to urge the government and private sector to take action.
Bonus: Children and adults who have given us advance notice that they will be attending the walk, along with your shirt size – no later than October 7th – will receive a free Ridge Zeller Therapy t-shirt on the day of the event!
(Ridge Zeller Therapy at Autism Speaks Walk AZ 2014)
Though fundraising is not a requirement to participate in the Autism Speaks Walk, those who would like to fundraise may do so by clicking here.
Fundraising dollars from the Autism Speaks walks are used to stimulate research on effective methods for earlier diagnosis and interventions.
Other results of the Autism Speaks Walk in recent years include:
• Autism Speaks and Google launched the world’s largest genomic database on autism, known as MSSNG (pronounced “missing”). This is a historic collaboration for global research. More than halfway to its goal of sequencing 10,000 autism genomes, MSSNG has already become an unprecedented resource for deepening understanding of autism and advancing the development of personalized treatments.
• Forty-two different tool kits were developed and distributed free of charge to assist families with various life challenges including the 100 Day Kit (a roadmap for families when their child is first diagnosed), the School Community Tool Kit (provides all the members of a school with information to support the student with autism) and the Transition Tool Kit (guides a family through the steps to take as their child goes from adolescence to adulthood.) Over 475,000 families have downloaded these tool kits.
• Town Halls were held throughout the country featuring local experts with information and answers to questions on topics such as transition from adolescence to adulthood, employment for people with autism, housing and community living, understanding the funding streams, safety fairs, and special needs financial planning. More than 12,000 people have participated in these events.
We hope you’ll walk with the Ridge Zeller Therapy team on October 23rd and help support vital research and top-quality programs that are improving the future and honoring children and adults with autism!