Better Hearing and Speech Month: Activities, Printables, Freebies and Ideas to Share this May 2017
Posted May 03, 2017
Every May, Better Hearing and Speech Month (BHSM) provides an opportunity for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, teachers, physicians and parents to raise awareness about communication disorders in children and adults.
Please fill out the following form to request a free screening:
11 Ideas for Better Hearing and Speech Month 2017
Here are some of our favorite resources for activities, handouts, printables, freebies and tools to assist parents, therapy professionals, teachers, interns and graduate students.
Parents: Looking for information about communication disorders or activities you can try at home?
- ASHA: the American Speech-Language Hearing Association offers many speech related resources.
- Developing early vocabulary in infant to three year olds: Kate Mately, M.S., CCC-SLP, shares tips for developing early vocabulary in 0-3 year olds.
- RZT Pinterest board 'Good Books for Kids': our picks of children's books for learning language.
- Fun speech-language therapy articulation activities for children at home: drill and practice techniques for improving speech production of targeted phonemes in words, phrases, and sentences.
Interns: Insights and expectations for SLP interns.
- SLP insights for speech-language pathology interns/externs: the RZT staff offers one aspect of the profession as an SLP that they wish they had known as an undergrad speech intern or graduate speech-language pathology extern.
- My speech pathology experience: Jennifer Brausse shares her experience from student to SLP.
Speech pathology graduate students: Want some information about a great externship program?
- Speech Pathology Graduate Extern Program 2017-2018: our team has designed well-rounded, personalized, practicum experiences for speech-language pathology graduate students.
- RZT Pinterest board for CFs: tips and insights for Clinical Fellows.
Therapy professionals, teachers: Planning activities around the BHSM theme?
- Spirited Speech Pathology – here's a free handout that explains the roles and opportunities of SLPs.
- The Speech Space - 5 fabulous BHSM freebies for SLPs. Enjoy!
- Practically Speeching – this freebie packet contains graphic organizers, reading comprehension activities and more.
Have a happy Better Hearing and Speech Month!