Posted October 10, 2017
Good hearing is critical for successful academic, social/emotional, and communication development. Quite often, hearing loss can go undetected for years.
It is extremely important to ensure that all school-aged children receive annual vision screenings.
Ridge Zeller Therapy offers hearing screening services for all students, in the metro Phoenix area, including Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, Queen Creek and Apache Junction, AZ, including those receiving special education.
The state of Arizona mandates that all private, public, and charter schools have a systematic screening procedure for conducting hearing screenings to allow for early detection and appropriate interventions. Arizona Administrative Code, Sections R9-13-101 through R9-13-110 adopted effective February 18, 1986, mandates hearing screenings for:
1) Preschool, kindergarten, or children in grades 1, 2, 6, or 9;
2) Grades 3, 4, or 5, unless there is written documentation that the student had a hearing screening in or after grade 2;
3) Grades 7 or 8, unless there is written documentation that the student had a hearing screening in or after grade 6;
4) Grades 10, 11, or 12 unless there is written documentation that the student had a hearing screening in or after grade 9;
5) Those students in special education programs;
6) Those students who failed a second hearing screening in the prior school year; and
7) At the request of the student, the student's parent, a schoolteacher, a school nurse, a school psychologist, an audiologist, a physician, a primary care practitioner, a speech language pathologist, or Department staff.
So happy to have found JoAnn and her wonderful staff to conduct our hearing screenings. They worked efficiently to complete over 350 screenings in one day! The team was energetic and awesome with our kids! Their rates were extremely reasonable. I highly recommend JoAnn and her team and will definitely be using them in the future! ~ Debra Shields, SAIS Coordinator/HR, Learning Matters Education Group
I'm glad we chose Ridge Zeller for our hearing and vision services. Their team did a great job screening 150 kids, many with special needs, in an efficient manner. I highly recommend them and my school plans on using them in the future. ~ Sara D., San Tan Learning Center
When Risen Savior Lutheran School was looking for a company to do hearing and vision screenings, we sought advice from Ridge Zeller Therapy. To our benefit we discovered Ridge Zeller provided more than just therapy. They conducted screenings on site, and the rates were reasonable. Thanks for your thorough work Ridge Zeller!" ~ Laurel M., Risen Savior Board Member
JoAnn and her staff were pleasures to work with. They conducted hearing and vision screenings at our school in a very timely and friendly manner. It was no-stress and most importantly they made the students feel comfortable. We will be using them again in the future. ~ Brianna A., Fulton Ranch Learning Center