Dyslexia is a language-based learning disability which impacts an individual’s ability to read, write, spell, comprehend, and express themselves in all aspects of life.
Dyslexia is relatively common; in fact, it is more common than any other type of learning disability. Unless explicit and targeted intervention is provided, these difficulties will continue through adulthood and can result in low self-esteem, social isolation, and when older, under- and unemployment. Appropriate dyslexia diagnosis and intervention is critical. We’re here to help!
Individuals With Dyslexia May Exhibit Difficulty With:
- Following oral and written directions
- Reading, writing, spelling and mathematics
- Becoming easily distracted
- Sequencing letters and symbols: e.g. b and d, left and felt, was and saw, 16 and 61
- Comprehending spoken language and expressing thoughts and ideas
- Confusion with space, time, and direction concepts
- Attending to task
- High levels of frustration
- Retaining information
- Test-taking anxiety
- Fluctuations in energy levels
- Developmentally immature
- Poor handwriting
- Poor esteem
I’m Concerned that I or My Child Might Have Dyslexia. What Do I Do?
Seek a dyslexia assessment from a qualified Ridge Zeller Therapy professional. The evaluation will include:
- Detailed case history highlighting reading and language strengths and weaknesses
- Speech production, spoken language comprehension, and verbal expression testing
- Phonetic inventory including sound and word manipulation
- Reading, writing, spelling, and handwriting samples
- Suggestions for facilitating reading improvement at home and recommendations for teachers
Enroll in a structured, individualized dyslexia treatment program at Ridge Zeller Therapy.
Call or email us today at ContactUs@RZTherapy.com or call us at 480-365-9981, to schedule a free consultation to determine if a dyslexia evaluation is right for you.
We look forward to helping you!